5/365 Photo Project - Ghosts on Summer St

Ghosts on Summer St, Boston Ma

This evening while heading out to Jerry Remy's Seaport for a few beers after work I took this shot at dusk using my cameras 'night scene' mode on my Canon SX230HS. This mode takes 3 quick consecutive full resolution shots and combines them in to one image in camera, no post processing necessary.

The Canon manual recommends using a tripod but I have a very steady hand and found that resting against a electrical box on this sidewalk helped hold the camera steady as I shot the traffic passing by. I found this a fun option to play, as shown in the photo above using this function has the side effect of showing 3 ghostly images of any subjects in the frame that have moved between each shot. In this case the mini bus moving off at high speed to the distant horizon. I look forward to playing some more with this option and see if using it during the daylight could possibly be a cheap man's HDR mode (be sure to check out my previous HDR blog post for more details). Taken with the Canon PowerShot SX230HS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project - Handlebars 2022

Fishermen Returning Home - Second Watercolor Painting

Earth and Crab Nebula, Acrylic 5x5