19/365 Photo Project - Bokeh Bulbs?

Bokeh Bulbs?

Today's photo proved to be a lot more complicated than I first thought. The goal was to capture the flowering bulbs (indoors) using a small aperture to ensure that background dining room furniture was suitably blurred out to not distract. Some 30 attempts later and I feel I accomplished only 66% of what I wanted to, I was hoping for a closing zoom with more of the flower petals in focus than they were.

The problem I encountered with selecting such a small aperture (in Av mode turning the dial to f2.8) is that only a minimum amount of light is being allowed in to hit the camera's senser. So a compromise was needed and I unintuitively switched off the camera's inbody camera shake compensation, upped the aperture to f4.5 and turned up the dimmer on the dining room light as far as it would go and decided on camera flash was needed. The result is above.

Taken with the Pentax K200d in Av mode, aperture set to f4.5 and the Sigma 70mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens with MF setting. No cropping, corrected for tone and rotated 90 degrees in Photoshop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project - Handlebars 2022

Fishermen Returning Home - Second Watercolor Painting

Earth and Crab Nebula, Acrylic 5x5