12/365 Photo Project - Sunburst Molly

Sunburst Molly

Today certainly was a day for indoor photography with 60mph wind gusts and none stop rains pounding the pavement I wasn't going to subject my camera equipment (or myself) to those elements. Instead I focused my Pentax K200d mounted to the Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL lens on the wildlife of our aquarium.

With my Pentax K200d in macro mode using a tripod and on camera flash I set the sweet spot of focus on the bottom of the tank and waited for the fish to come in to frame. I certainly wish I had more patience to stand there longer, this still took over 20 frames before getting anywhere close to a fish in focus and framed decently. The on camera flash makes the shadow very contrasty here and the depth of field is very shallow - for instance the fish to the left of the frame was less than an inch closer to the lens but is completely out of focus. Perhaps a lesson on photographing fish is needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project - Handlebars 2022

Fishermen Returning Home - Second Watercolor Painting

Earth and Crab Nebula, Acrylic 5x5