29/365 Photo Project - Apple or Moon?

Apple or Moon?

So this week my new photographer toy/gadget arrived from Amazon, a Light Cube. If you haven't heard of what a light cube is or why you might need one check out this article which talks about how to make one for under 10 bucks.

I didn't have the confidence in my DIY skills (or the free personal time) so if you don't either you can source an inexpensive one on Ebay or Amazon for less than 20 bucks as I did. My first attempt at taking shots with it was this morning with only 1 light source, I grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and shot away.

The finished photo for today was taken with the Pentax K200d and the Sigma 70mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens, handheld, with on-camera IS, no camera flash was used. The subject was simply lit by one lamp through the right side of light cube. Converted to sepia in Photoshop.

Light Cube setup side lit here by a desktop light

Here's a look at my setup, I really need to source another lamp so that harsh shadows aren't being cast on the object being shot but for today's photo the result was desirable to give the apple that 'planet like' feel when zoomed up close. You can see at the far right here the white narcissus used as the subject for several of my other photos so far this year as part of this 365 Photo Project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project - Handlebars 2022

Fishermen Returning Home - Second Watercolor Painting

Earth and Crab Nebula, Acrylic 5x5